Friday, August 9, 2013

Five for Friday {August 9}

I'm linking up with Kasey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday.


1. Working in my classroom  I spent 2 good days working in my room this week.  Yesterday I went in to finish up a few copies, do some laminating, label items and meet a friend for lunch.  Today I went in and met with my team to do some planning and scheduling.  We have a new team member, who I think is a great fit, so we wanted to talk about our first week and work on our common schedule.

A little sneak peek at my work in progress.  This is my small group/teacher desk area.  Come back next week for more pictures of my classroom.

2.  Dentist  I do not enjoy trips to the dentist because I don't like what they tell me at times. I was lucky enough to visit the dentist this week and had a happy appointment with no bad news :).

3.  Crafting & Creating I am using my bulletin board for my word wall this year, so I wanted to use my chalkboard to hang my students' work.  I made magnets that I've seen all over Pinterest using Dollar Tree glass gems, patterned card stock and magnets.  I also created a little first day of school prop for my first day of school pictures.  Students will hold this when I take their pictures. You can get your own copy here.  If you'd like a different grade level, let me know.




4. Cleaning Up & Cleaning Out  I cleaned out my closet, dresser and pantry this week. I just moved in about 2 months ago, but it amazes me how much "stuff" accumulates in a house!  I made a trip to Goodwill and organized all the things that I kept.

5.  Cooking & Baking   I love to cook and bake (as I'm sure you can tell from many of my previous summer posts).  I made the zucchini blueberry bread pictured below and "boyfriend cookies" that were a huge hit at work.


Be sure to come back next week (you can follow me at the top right) and see more photos from my classroom and my progress on all the little things on my "to do" list!

No comments:

Post a Comment