1. I worked in my classroom yesterday. I went in to work on my bulletin board (only real thing on my to-do list) and 6 hours later, it still isn't done. I ran out of ribbon I was using for my border. I had already been to Wal-Mart once and wasn't going back! Here it is in its *almost* completed state. I picked up some ribbon on my way home and will finish it next time I go back. The side ribbon will be blue to match the letters. This will be my word wall.
2. I've been enjoying trying new recipes (thanks Pinterest) this summer. I saw a few people mention stocking the freezer with some pre-made items before school starts. I'm thinking I might need to add this to my to-do list.
3. We have conferences with each parent prior to school starting for students. I'm trying to get things together for this. We hold an Open House at the end of September too, so as I find ideas (thanks again Pinterest), I'm debating what they need now and what can wait for a month. Open House is much less "formal" as conferences are scheduled for each individual family. I did put together a brochure about my classroom procedures and expectations for conferences that I'm pretty excited about. It has been on my list of ideas for a few years and I have just never put the time into it.
|This is the inside of my brochure. I haven't had a chance to edit it yet (was trying to get it done before I got kicked out yesterday when the custodians went home) so that is on the agenda this weekend.|
4. Back to school shopping has begun. I'm very much a bargain hunter, so the thrill and anticipation of upcoming sales are almost as good as the sale itself :). Next week Office Max has notebooks for a penny and Staples has filler paper for a penny. Both deals require you to spend $5.
|Zipper pouches (1 cent at Office Max this week), Pencil Cases (1 cent at Staples this week), Crayons (25 cents at Toys R Us this week...Office Max & Staples will price match with a copy of the ad).|
5. I've been enjoying a daily morning walk (assuming the weather cooperates) and some time to read for pleasure over the past couple weeks. The library is close enough to walk, so I've been taking full advantage.
I would love to hear any ideas you have for conferences/Open House and/or a Back to School treat for the kiddos.