Thursday, August 22, 2013

First Day with Students

I doesn't feel like it has been a week since I was last on here, but it has been a whirlwind of a week.  Today was our first day with students.  This girl is T-I-R-E-D!  I had a very active group of kiddos today.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to meet all my students' parents and all but 2 of my students.  Prior to the start of the school year, we have conferences with all parents.  I conferenced from 8:00-3:30 (well, actually 4:30 when all was said and done) and then again from 5:00-7:00 (7:30 in the end).   It is great to make a connection with families prior to the start of the year.

I didn't get many pictures today because we were pretty busy.  We did make it to centers, through a large part of calendar math, read Pete the Cat Rockin' My School Shoes and drew pictures of ourselves on the first day of school.  It feels like we accomplished so much and yet it didn't touch much of what I had planned.  These things happen :).

Looking forward to tomorrow to see what it brings our way.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment