Saturday, January 4, 2014

Welcome 2014 Professional Goals

I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin again for their Professional Goals linky.



My student teacher and I worked together in the fall as she completed her preclinical practice.  Her schedule, no fault of her own, was not ideal with our schedule, but we made it work.  I'm so excited to have her with us full time this semester.  I can't wait to see the impact of having two of us working together to meet the needs of my kiddos!

I find many great ideas and I keep pinning them on Pinterest (thank goodness they are at least a little bit organized), but all this new information seems to get lost between the pinning of it and the actual implementation.  I'd like to try at least two new things per month, even if they are just little things.  I have this habit of going to PD during the year then wanting to come back and implement EVERYTHING I saw the next day.  It isn't realistic, so hopefully this will help get me there.  There are so many things out there that I know my students would benefit from, so I look forward to giving them a try.

I want to have fun with my students and enjoy their curiosity and excitement for learning!  So many times I think I (we?) get bogged down in paperwork, new initiatives and the many other things that take our time that we forget the excitement of learning for our kiddos.  I'm looking forward to them being a little more independent and able to work better in small groups as the second half of the year arrives.

We meet in teaching teams at least twice a week in our building.  I would love to do more with my teaching team to help our students grow.  We've started talking about and sharing resources more this year and have worked together on a few projects.  I'm looking forward to more of that.  I'm also very excited to attend I Teach K! this summer.  I went 2 years ago and learned so much, and cannot wait to go back for more this summer.  I'm also presenting one session, which is exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time.  

Any suggestions on accomplishing any of the goals above would be appreciated! 

6 comments:

  1. I love your goals! I feel like having fun is an important goal too! We have so many demands on us as teachers and the children do as well. I love my job but sometimes it's hard to have fun doing all the stuff we have to do. I can't wait to read about some of the fun you have in your classroom! Thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I love my job too, but you are right, sometimes it is easy to forget the fun.

      Amanda

      Delete
    2. Collaboration is SO important. I like the saying of work smarter not harder. It is also SO important to have fun. Student teachers are the BEST!!
      Happy 2014~
      Robynn

      Delete
    3. Thanks for stopping by, Robynn! I like working smarter not harder too!

      Delete
  2. I had an amazing student teacher this past fall... missing her terribly now :( You are going to love it!
    Dirt Road Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to have her back full day. I know she will do a great job :)

      Amanda

      Delete