Friday, November 15, 2013

Five for Friday {November 15}

I'm linking up with Kasey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five For Friday.  I haven't been keeping up with this as much as I'd like, so hoping that as we are finally in a routine, it will get better!



1.  Parent-Teacher Conferences are complete!  We had conferences last Thursday and last night.  I had pretty good attendance both nights (only a couple I still need to track down!).  Overall, everything was positive!

2. We had our first snow!  We went out first thing Tuesday morning to do some snow investigating.  Each partnership had a piece of black construction paper and a magnifying glass.  When I started getting them ready to go out, the snow was coming down in buckets.  After 12 minutes of getting ready, there was nothing falling from the sky, but they still had a great time.  We couldn't catch snow on our paper (or our tongues) but they were more than happy to scoop the snow onto the black paper to examine.



3.  Our family turkey projects are complete!  I had 15/23 students return these.  A fantastic grandparent offered to donate a pumpkin for each child in my classroom.  I was looking for something creative to do with them and decided to have families turn the pumpkin into a turkey.  We are planning to use these to decorate the tables at our school-wide Thanksgiving feast. Love their creativity!



4.  I found some time to bake Sunday.  I made Pumpkin Spice Kiss Cookies.  My co-workers were happy on Monday. :)




5. I'm looking forward to what I hope will be a low-key weekend!  A few things to work on (the work is never done!), but no big plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment