Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Techy Teacher Tuesday {2/12}

I'm linking up with Queen of the First Grade Jungle for Techy Teacher Tuesday. Today I wanted to share a few of our favorite apps.


This app is created by Lakeshore Learning.  It is 99 cents.  If you have any of their software games, this is actually the same as the software by the same name.  Children sort pictures by beginning sound in this game.  My students love this one, and I think part of it is the sound effects.


Bugs and Buttons is worth every cent of the $2.99 I paid for it!  I also own Bugs and Bubbles.  It not only has "fun" and "academic", but also includes some good fine motor practice. 


Sock Puppets is a fun one.  I have used this to have students discuss social problems.  Students "talked" to each other using Sock Puppets to explain the steps to introducing one another and the characteristics they would look for in a good friend.  I use the free version.


I like Show Me for its versatility.  Last year, I used this for an assessment where students had to draw a picture of their family and tell a story about it.  Using Show Me, you can draw a picture and then record voice.  So, students drew their picture then hit record and told me about the picture.  You can also choose to record as you are drawing.  I have used this feature as students worked through an addition story problem.   This app is also free!


I get updates from Smart Apps for Kids with limited time free apps and other app reviews.  This been very valuable for getting many apps for free and sharing freebies with parents.


What apps do you recommend?


Thursday is the one year birthday of my little blog.  Be sure to check back Thursday, or simply follow me for an easy update, for my "blog birthday".

No comments:

Post a Comment