Sunday, November 4, 2012

What's On The Menu?

Our theme for the next 2 weeks is food.  We will learn about healthy eating and where different foods come from.  I created a packet of language arts materials for my literacy labs (centers) to engage my students in skills we are currently practicing.  You can see some pictures from the unit below.  Check back later this week for pictures of my students using them.  You can purchase the packet from my TpT store here.

Board game: students have to read the CVC words on the healthy foods.  If you land on junk food, you have to go back 5 spaces.  4 monster game pieces included.


Writing CVC words: Students name the picture on the included recording sheet.  10 pictures total.

Pizza: Cut the pieces apart.  Students must read sentence to keep the pizza slice.  Students are trying to make a full pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment