Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back to School Books Linky Party

I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin for the Back to School Books Linky Party.



I love back to school books!  Below are a few of my favorites that I look forward to each year.  All book links take you to The Clever School Teacher website.



Jake Starts School by Michael Wright: Jake is a bit nervous to start kindergarten.  He does not want to his parents to leave...until his teacher finds something he can relate to.  The illustrations make this book humorous, and many children can relate to being nervous about starting school.



The New Girl...and Me by Jacqui Robbins: I love the illustrations in this book!  When a new girl starts school, making a connection and becoming friends can be difficult.  Find out how Shakeeta, the new girl, finds a friend in Mia.



Pete the Cat (Pete the Cat: Rocking My School Shoes) by Eric Litwin: Pete will, of course, be making an appearance at the beginning of my school year. I use the original "Pete the Cat" book in the first day or 2 of school to introduce my students to Pete.  They beg for him daily for the first few weeks (and beyond).   I love "Rocking My School Shoes" to discuss different places in our building (goes well with your building tour).



What are some of your favorite back to school books?  I'm always looking for new books to add to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment