Friday, June 20, 2014

"Appy" Friday: Math {June 20}

I'm back to share another favorite app with you.  In case you missed last week, I shared a bit about the app Hideout.

This week I thought I'd focus on math and share the app Park Math from Duck Duck Moose, Inc.  This app is good for the beginning of the year and for intervention (in Kindergarten anyway).  I think it would probably be good for preschoolers throughout the year.  It is priced at $1.99.

My students' favorite part of the app was the see-saw balance game.  Little mice are put on the balance beam, and students need to decide how many to add to one side or the other to balance the see-saw.



The app also covers: counting, addition, subtraction, ordering numbers, patterns and one-to-one counting.  There are 3 levels of play in each category, and changing from one level to another is quite easy.

Do you find these little app reviews helpful?  If so, please consider leaving a comment below!


***Disclaimer: I was not asked to review these apps by any company nor am I compensated for my opinion.  I just want to share with you what my students use and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment