Friday, June 27, 2014

"Appy Friday": Letters {June 27}

Today I'd like to share a series of letter/sound apps by Peapod Labs.  The first one I purchased is called ABC Food so I'll share a little more about that one.    It is normally $2.99 I believe, but when I looked it up today, it is on sale for free!


This app has a variety of foods on it for children to explore.  Each word is spelled out when you tap on it.  Each letter has a little icon that is a food that begins with that sound.

This is a portion of the main page.  You can click on a food or a letter from here.

This is what you will see after you choose a food.  You can click on each letter for the letter name/sound.

If you tap on the fish video at the top, it tells you to eat the fish. You "eat" it by tapping on it.  As you eat, you begin to see the bones with each tap.
The app starts with not all the boxes filled with foods.  As you work through the app, more foods "unlock" and fill the boxes.  My students enjoy this app, especially in the first half of the year.  Make sure you check it out while it is still free!

No comments:

Post a Comment