Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Mother''s Day snuck up on me this year.  I knew it was coming up, but many other things in our classroom made it seem like it was much further away.  We got to work this week on a personalized stationary idea I found on Pinterest.

I started by printing a white piece of paper (made into 2 columns) with the phrase "A Note From.... ____'s Mom" in each column.  Then, each student created 2 unique designs on the paper.

Students then chose 3 colors of card stock.  I traced over all of their drawings with an ultra fine tip black Sharpie.  The paper was run through the copier on the desired colors, then cut in half length-wise.

Finally, we folded the cards and put them in a ziploc.  Students wrapped them in a decorated brown paper bag with a homemade card attached.  I think their stationary turned out great!

Love her abstract drawings!





Happy Mother's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment