Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mark Your Spot

It has been a busy week!  We started using our Lab Journals this week (see post here), but my students are having a difficult time finding the next page to write on.

These are our lab journals.  They now have name stickers on the front.

I found this idea on pinterest:


Their journals are only 1/2 the size of a composition book, so they do not need a bookmark that big!  I came up with this idea instead.

I took a regular office paper clip (the larger size).  The ribbon is in the scrapbook section at Hobby Lobby.  (50% off through today...only 50 cents per 6 foot spool!).  Each piece of ribbon is about 6-8 inches long.  I counted out 12 dots; I didn't actually measure. 1 spool of ribbon made 14 bookmarks.  Fold the ribbon in half, then loop it through and tighten around the clip.  If I made them again, I would use coated paper clips so it doesn't rip the paper, but I think these will work for their journals.  I made them so the paper clip will actually clip on the journal with the ribbon sticking out so they can easily find the page.

How do you help your students find their page?

Can anyone tell me how to include a link on a picture?  I want to say "click on the picture" to go to the link, but I am having a difficult time figuring it out.  I'm sure it is something very obvious, but I'm not finding it.  Thanks in advance.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment