Friday, July 27, 2012

Math Manipulatives Storage

When I was at I Teach K, I attended 2 awesome math sessions!  It inspired me to become a little more organized with my math manipulatives.  They were in various containers spread throughout the room and finding some of them was a bit difficult at times- especially those that were theme related and not really meant to be manipulatives, but that was my purpose for them.  Deanna Jump shared her organization tips, and I was on it.

While cleaning out my room (I've already purged many things!), I found some matching containers in various sizes that I purchased at WalMart a few years ago.  We were doing some new things in math and science and I was all about it (until we moved on to "bigger and better" things of course!). Well, these containers have been taking up space on a shelf, empty, for 2 years.  Brainstorm: These are my new math manipulative containers!

Everything was sorted and organized.  Labels were made, and all materials are stored together on one shelf where students and I can easily access them.  Bonus: The containers match many of the bright colored containers I purchased this year.  The purple ones on the bottom shelf I'm not sold on yet, but they were empty and held my many pattern blocks and unifex cubes so I'm sticking with it for now, unless I find something I like better.

I need a few more labels for materials that took more than one container, but I'm excited with my new-found organization!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great! I need to organize all of my games...and to think of a place to put it all!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete