Saturday, October 5, 2013

Five For Friday (Saturday)

Last night got away from me, so thanks to Doodle Bugs Teaching for allowing us to still link up on Saturday to share a little about our week.



1.  We went on a field trip to the Nature Center this week.  As the name would suggest, we spent some time in nature walking through the woods.  This is an annual trip for our kindergarten kiddos.  Our local university runs the nature center and provides guides to help us explore all the changes of fall.



2.  Our current unit of study is our body.  Students are making people at the block lab.  They have been given a digital camera to document their creations.  Many are still struggling to hold the camera still for a decent picture, but here are a couple good ones.



3.  Rhyming has been a struggle this year.  I only had 8/23 kids who could rhyme at the beginning of the year, and only 2 of those were really strong.  We have been playing lots of games and apps to building our rhyming abilities.  This was a simple card matching game.  We are well on our way to having the whole class identify and produce rhyming words.


4.  I have a student in my room from our local university doing her "prestudent teaching".  She is with us a few afternoons a week and this week had to teach 3 lessons.  She decided to introduce addition. I was shocked to see that with no introduction, 7 students had a perfect score on the pretest.  Way to go my little mathematical class!  I'm looking forward to having her back with us in the spring to complete her student teaching.

5. This one is not school related, but could be since I got the recipe from a coworker!  I made some apple bars.  They were super tasty and a great fall treat.


What was the highlight of your week this week?

2 comments:

  1. Your apple bars look delicious! I love the idea of letting the students take pictures of their work with a digital camera! I bet they love it!

    I found your blog from Doodle Bug's Five for Friday and I am your newest follower!

    Beth :)
    A Kindergarten Life For Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Beth! My students love using the digital camera (thanks DonorsChoose!).

      Amanda

      Delete