Friday, January 25, 2013

Out of This World Breakfast

My students came in this morning to a little extra special treat to go with their regular breakfast.  We serve breakfast in our rooms daily to all students free of charge.  I try to sneak in food projects where I can with breakfast to save the mess later, and it is easier to do it one-on-one or in small groups during this time.

Our theme for this week and next week is space.  First, I found these fish crackers at a Pepperidge Farm outlet.  They were only a dollar and I knew I could come up with something.


Off to the Dollar Tree I went and found black plates (outer space).  I bought apples to use as "moons", but forget them at home, so settled on bananas.  I cut the bananas in half longways.  Students then got stars, a planet and a rocket Goldfish crackers.  Below is the finished treat.


My kiddos enjoyed playing with their food before eating it.  It was a good way to start a Friday!

Do you have ideas for a fun (preferably breakfast appropriate) snack with a transportation theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment