Sunday, May 31, 2015

Graduation

My kiddos graduated from Kindergarten last Wednesday.  It was a bittersweet day for me as I loved this class!  Our graduation ceremony was on the kids' last day.

Our kiddos wear caps for graduation.  They are felt, and we purchase them through Oriental Trading.  Our school colors are red and blue so we have the choice for our team.  Below my kiddos are singing HeidiSongs while I did some last minute things before we headed to the ceremony.

Our ceremony takes place in the gym with 4 classes at a time.  Students enter and exit 2x2 to Pomp and Circumstance.  They sing a few songs and each child receives a diploma.  After the ceremony, parents are invited for a reception in another room.  Below you will see my kiddos looking at their memory books while waiting for families to come.


This year, because our graduation was on the last day of school, many of my students were heading home with their families to celebrate.  One of my friends was not ready to let kindergarten go, so she decided to hang out with her teacher for the day.  We got a lot of work done and had some fun too!

She made my cubby tags for next year.  The Ellison was her favorite.  
We had a picnic lunch complete with a selfie (taken by her).  It was a great last day!
I'll be back over the next couple weeks to share some things from our last few weeks of school.  This is a little backwards, but it is going to take me a little longer to get those posts together.

No comments:

Post a Comment