Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Art & Crafting

We've been busy, busy, busy!  With 6 days to go until Winter Break, keeping things interesting has keep the kiddos generally under control.

We've been crafting parent gifts (cube ornaments inspiration) in any extra minutes I can find.  All 6 sides of our cubes are now filled; I just need to bring them home and add the hooks at the top.  2 sides have winter-themed scrapbook paper, 2 sides have pictures, 1 side the child wrote his/her name on a piece of scrapbook paper (I added the date), and on the final side, students made a thumbprint reindeer on scrapbook paper.




I've been seeing this reindeer pop up on blogs and Pinterest.  I was looking for a relatively quick project to do with my kiddos today after they worked hard on some required lessons.  They had a blast doing these (I'm sure the paint they got to use made it even better).  I'm planning to add mattes to them and send them home as a 2nd parent gift for those that have 2 separate households.  I don't normally do that, but I have several in this situation this year with shared parenting agreements.



This one needs to go over the "inside" of her eyes with a black oil pastel to make the pupils pop.
I love how they all turned out a little bit different, but oh so great!  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment