Friday, June 21, 2013

Five For Friday Linky Party {June 21}

I'm linking up with Kasey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly "Five For Friday Linky Party".



I spent most of this week visiting a friend who lives about 5 hours away.  She has 2 girls ages 4 years and 21 months; needless to say, we were busy!

1.  We took the girls strawberry picking.  The oldest was all about filling her bucket...the youngest was all about filling her belly.

On our way into the strawberry patch.  She did not come out as clean as she went in!

2.  We had to do something with all those strawberries, so we made 16 jars of strawberry jam and 2 strawberry pies. 

These are a little dark as they are already loaded into the freezer.  Have you used these plastic ball canning jars?  Love them!  They are especially handy when I give jam to parents (great thank you gift); I don't worry about sending these home with students.
Here is a simple strawberry pie recipe for you:
You need:
-1 1/4 cups water
-1 small box of strawberry jello
-1 small box of COOK and SERVE vanilla pudding
-Sliced strawberries (enough to fill the lid of a graham cracker crust container)
-1 graham cracker crust

-Boil 1 and 1/4 cups water
-Add jello and pudding
-Stir until dissolved
-Add sliced strawberries to mixture
-Pour into graham cracker crust
-Refrigerate 4 hours or until jello is set
-Serve with cool whip if desired.


3.  Our second adventure was to the butterfly exhibit.  Butterflies flew all around you as you walked around in the exhibit.  Very cool!  My students would have loved it...too bad it is 5 hours away.

She is very proud of the butterfly that landed on her paper.

4.  We took a trip to IKEA.  I enjoy just walking around IKEA, no purchases necessary.  I picked up a plain gray lampshade to replace one that got crushed in a box.


5.  I'm working on some name tags for my classroom.  I have been leaning towards bright colors with some polka dots in the mix.  Here is what I have come up with so far.  Not sure I'm totally set on them, but it is progress.



What have you accomplished this week?

Check back soon...I'm working on putting together my first giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. Love picking strawberries...and I was the one usually filling my belly, not my bucket! :)

    Cute bright colors for the names. If you need anything for the giveaway let me know, I'm happy to help.

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete