Friday, June 14, 2013

Five For Friday Linky Party {June 14}: Exploring New Recipes

I'm linking up with Kasey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five For Friday.  I haven't done any 5 exciting things over the last couple weeks, so this week I'm happy to share 5 new recipes I've tried!


I have enjoyed my first couple weeks of summer!  Not much school work has been done, but I have been exploring some recent Pinterest recipes.  I love to cook and bake, and our cool temperatures combined with some free time has made this happen.  Here are some of the things I've tried out.



1. Peanut Butter Banana Bread  I enjoy banana bread and love peanut butter, so this sounded like a good combination.  Bread was very moist, and I think I'd made it again.



2. Orzo Salad  We had this for dinner earlier this week.  I used plain old black olives (sliced) and added some broccoli too.  It was a great summer side that we had with sloppy joes!



3. Nutella No Bake Cookies  If you like rich, these are for you!  They are a bit much for me.  I made them with my cousin in mind who likes "No Bakes" and Nutella.


Sorry...no photos of these last 2.

4. "Cheater Risotto"  I call this "cheater risotto" because it is not as labor-intensive as traditional risotto but I love the taste, especially with the roasted vegetables.  I have made this a few times; it is a keeper!

5. Lemon Coconut Bars  My mom loves lemon and coconut, so I thought I'd try these out.  They were easy to make and very good!

I hope you find something you might enjoy here.  Maybe this week I will get into some school stuff!

16 comments:

  1. OMGosh. Your post is so funny! I posted the banana bread picture that I made too! I cooked a lot this week. Your peanut butter banana bread sounds good. Is it on Pinterest?
    Sara
    First Grade Funtastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara,
      If you click the "Peanut Butter Banana Bread", it should link to my pin (I hope!). If it doesn't work, let me know and I can send you the link. Thanks for stopping by. Happy baking!

      Amanda

      Delete
  2. Good for you trying new recipes! I get stuck in a rut. It seems like even in summer, someone needs dropped off or picked up right around dinner time so we are always eating on the run! I found you from Doodle Bugs--I'm your newest follower! Cute blog design.

    Lisa
    Always an Adventure in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lisa! I enjoy trying new recipes as long as they don't have too many crazy ingredients that I have to pick up! The orzo was a great "made ahead" kind of thing!

      Amanda

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was awesome...leftovers for the lunch throughout the week:) Thanks for stopping by!

      Amanda

      Delete
  4. A delicious week! Just found you through Five for Friday and am a new follower... :0)

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following, Sarah! Have a great weekend :)

      Amanda

      Delete
  5. I love trying new recipes in the summer! Most of mine are the "grilling" or "no bake" variety though because it's too hot to start up the oven! I'm pinning your banana bread for the fall! :)
    I found you through Five for Friday!
    Heather :) learningwithmrslangley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Heather! I love grilling and no bakes too. It hasn't been too warm here (since school was out anyway), so I have to get my baking in now!

      Amanda

      Delete
  6. Having several teachers over today...Sooo going to try the Nutella No Bake Cookies!!!!!
    Thanks for all the great recipes.
    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy photos! Now I'm hungry! I could live on banana bread, and adding peanut butter just makes it even better. Thanks so much for sharing these ideas!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susanna! Looking forward to finding more goodies...ah, pinterest :)

      Amanda

      Delete
  8. Hmmm I do love banana bread...never thought of adding peanut butter!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete