I'm linking up with Kasey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five For Friday. I haven't done any 5 exciting things over the last couple weeks, so this week I'm happy to share 5 new recipes I've tried!
I have enjoyed my first couple weeks of summer! Not much school work has been done, but I have been exploring some recent Pinterest recipes. I love to cook and bake, and our cool temperatures combined with some free time has made this happen. Here are some of the things I've tried out.
1. Peanut Butter Banana Bread I enjoy banana bread and love peanut butter, so this sounded like a good combination. Bread was very moist, and I think I'd made it again.
2. Orzo Salad We had this for dinner earlier this week. I used plain old black olives (sliced) and added some broccoli too. It was a great summer side that we had with sloppy joes!
3. Nutella No Bake Cookies If you like rich, these are for you! They are a bit much for me. I made them with my cousin in mind who likes "No Bakes" and Nutella.
Sorry...no photos of these last 2.
4. "Cheater Risotto" I call this "cheater risotto" because it is not as labor-intensive as traditional risotto but I love the taste, especially with the roasted vegetables. I have made this a few times; it is a keeper!
5. Lemon Coconut Bars My mom loves lemon and coconut, so I thought I'd try these out. They were easy to make and very good!
I hope you find something you might enjoy here. Maybe this week I will get into some school stuff!