I'm linking up with Kasey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday Linky Party.
1. I actually worked on something for school this week! I spent a couple hours putting together some of the books I printed from Reading A-Z before I left school for the summer. I thought putting them together now would make me more likely to want to use them. It felt good to put a dent in that project!
2. A friend visited from Florida and we went to the Columbus Zoo. I had never been there, and while it was REALLY hot and muggy (for Ohio in June anyway), we had a great time.
3. I tried a few new recipes again. I unfortunately didn't snap any pictures. I tried: coconut crusted pork chops with pineapple salsa, lemony brownies and S'mores cookies. They S'mores cookies didn't look too great but they tasted good (picture melted marshmallow all over the place). All got two thumbs up! Thanks again Pinterest!
4. I did some pleasure reading this week. I started and finished "I've Got Your Number" by Sophie Kinsella (of the Shopaholic series). Light, funny reading is my kind of reading most of the time.
5. I am having my first giveaway! Last week I hit 50 followers, so with the help of Amanda from Mrs. Pauley's Kindergarten and Nicki from Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten, I put together a little giveaway. You can check it out (and enter) here,
I hope you had a great week! Looking forward to family visiting next week for the 4th of July. I can't believe it is July already on Monday!