Saturday, April 21, 2012

Coming up: Insects!

We had a busy week of catching up and wrapping up the many things going on in our room!  It is our student teacher's last week with us- we are very sad to see her go, but know she will be an awesome teacher. 

This week we are moving on to insects. I love all things Eric Carle (the inspiration for my blog's name), so as much as I find insects "creepy crawly" at times, I think they are cool at the same time.  Our literacy and math centers this week will contain materials from my TpT packets about insects. Click on the picture to link to my TpT store. "Spring into Math" is the math packet.  The reading packet is called "Buggy About Reading" (word family sorting and reading games).  If you only want word family sorting, you can choose "Buggy About Word Families".  To only purchase the reading games, "Buggy for Reading Games". 




Our caterpillars arrived a week ago and are now huge!  We will focus on butterflies next week, discussing life cycles and completing some great Pinterest ideas at the art center. Pictures to come at the end of the week (if not sooner).

I finished a reading packet and a math packet with a safari theme.  We will use these when we prepare for our zoo trip in mid-May.  I am working on ocean-themed materials for the last week. I can't believe how quickly these last few months have gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment