Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Behavior Help

Ok, "Blogland" readers, I need your help!  I have a "one of a kind" class, and I need your advice.

I have 22 kiddos in my room, 12 girls and 10 boys.  We use a card behavior system that we are required to use.  We just completed day 4.  I have several (7) students who are very hands on both in structured times (carpet, stories, etc) and unstructured times (hallway, recess, etc).  Students are having a difficult time picking up on our classroom schedule and routines.  Additionally, there is a lot of chatter throughout the day, making it difficult for friends to hear directions.

So, what suggestions do you have for keeping hands to self?  How do you rein in the talking?  How can I positively help my students follow the classroom/school-wide rules and expectations?  What do you do to reward your students who are doing the right thing?

In my 10 years of teaching, this is the most challenging beginning of the year I have experienced.  I'm hoping hearing your ideas will inspire an idea I haven't tried yet :).  Your comments would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment