Friday, June 12, 2015

Five For Friday {June 12}

I'm linking up with Kasey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.


I've been working a few evenings a week at church getting ready for our VBS in a couple weeks.  We are doing the theme Everest, which is a snowy/mountain theme.  This week I spent some time on a ladder hanging hundreds of snowflakes.  Below is one hallway.


I received a card from one of my kiddos this week.  I made me smile. :)





I spent some time at school with one of my teammates working on more math materials prep.  We are excited that we have module 1 of 6 prepped (we think).  Does anyone have ideas for organizing materials for EngageNY/ Eureka Math?  It seems like there are a lot of templates, pieces and parts.  Right now everything is just piled up on a shelf.  Thanks for any ideas for how to best organize all that stuff!

I had the opportunity to meet up with a friend and her kids for lunch and some shopping yesterday.  We live about 5 hours away, so it was nice to meet halfway and spend some time together.  Today I hanging out with Em from Curious Firsties and her girls. I'm so excited!  I love summer for the time it allows me to see people I don't get to spend as much time with!  

I have another item that needs a "job" from my classroom clean-out.  I did a major purge the last couple weeks of school and found some things that I needed "just in case", but now need some ideas of what to do with them!

These were in the Target Dollar Spot a year or 2 ago.  There are 9 cardboard coasters of sandwich parts in each pack.  Originally I thought about building math problems somehow, but would love to hear your ideas!

Thanks in advance for any math materials organization tips or ways to use the sandwich pieces.  Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. How cute you got a card from one of your kiddos! And, time to see all your friends, love it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a good day, Michelle, thanks! The card was funny because I've never had a kid address the envelope. Her return address took up the entire back of the envelope :) Have a great weekend!

      Amanda

      Delete
  2. I love that one of your students sent you a card! Enjoyed reading your post!
    Lucky Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! Congratulations on your 7,000 followers!

      Delete