Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Classroom Pictures

I finally remembered to bring my camera home to share some pictures of my classroom with you!  I've been a bit absent from my little old blog. We are doing staggered start this year, so I met my first 12 kiddos today.  I think this year will be an adventure, but we had fun today!

This is the view while standing in my doorway.  I do not have a teacher desk in my classroom.  My guided reading table doubles as my desk.  To the left (where you can't see) is my sink, a couple cabinets and the kiddos' cubbies.

This one is from the back corner, standing next to the cubbies.


I'm liking my library this year.  This is the first time I haven't had it in the shelving right under the windows.  I need a little more storage appropriate for books (those big pink bins have puppets in them), but otherwise I'm liking it.

These little guys are taped to the floor so we know where to line up when it is time to leave the room.  They are from the Dollar Spot at Target.  This is the only area that is tiled in my room.  The cubbies are the right and the door is directly ahead.  Carpet is a blessing until one of my friends spills their milk during breakfast, which we eat in our rooms.

We are piloting Go Math this year.  These are my kiddos' workbooks.  They get a new workbook for each of the 12 units.  They are stacked in my cubbies.

Tomorrow I meet my other 7 kiddos.  Thursday we are all together for our first day with all our friends.  I hope to share our first few days with you this weekend.  6 more followers on BlogLovin' and Troy from Classroom Friendly Supplies has agreed to do another pencil sharpener giveaway!  Feel free to share with your friends. :)

What is your favorite place in your classroom?

3 comments:

  1. I hope my school adopts GO math next year. Keep us posted on how it goes this year!
    Mrs.Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep you posted, thanks! I'm not a huge fan of all those workbooks for kindergarten kiddos, but we'll see how it goes.

      Amanda

      Delete
  2. I am behind!!! Ha!!! I love your room!

    ReplyDelete